FAQ

What is Hypnosis?

Hypnosis is a state of consciousness where you are very relaxed, and very open and receptive to suggestions. Your mind is alert and focused and your peripheral awareness has been reduced.

What is suggestibility?

Suggestibility is the way in which you learn and understand information. Some people comprehend information more literally, and others prefer more indirect forms of communication.

Can everyone be hypnotized?

Yes! In fact, you go in and out of light stages of hypnosis each and every day. When you wake up in the morning and fall asleep at night, you have passed through a stage of hypnosis. (Which is the reason why you can never remember the exact moment at which you fall asleep). If you’ve ever walked into a room and forgotten why, (and who hasn’t done that), you are in hypnosis. If you’ve passed your off ramp on the freeway or completely sailed by the street that you turn on every day of your life, this is a form of hypnosis. And of course, falling in love where all your thoughts and feelings return to a certain special someone, this is also a stage of hypnosis.

What if I can’t be hypnotized?

You can! The more you try to resist it, the further into trance you go! The thing with hypnosis is, human beings enjoy it!  It is a very relaxing and comforting experience. Even if you are moving through intense situations and releasing feelings, upon coming back to your conscious state, there is an overall feeling of well-being. Your body and mind feel refreshed and relaxed because you know you are doing something positive for yourself.

What does it feel like?

Everyone can be hypnotized, and you may experience unique sensations ranging from feeling light and tingly, to floating, to sometimes feeling heavy, and on occasion nothing at all. During the hypnotic session, you are not asleep. Your mind will be alert and receptive to suggestions.  You may be able to hear what is going on around you, and your senses will be very acute.  You will feel relaxed and comfortable and be able to concentrate on what is being said.  When the session is over, you may be able to recall everything, or you may have some amnesia.  Everyone has a unique experience.

How does hypnosis work?

The brain is made up of the conscious mind and the subconscious mind. The subconscious mind is formed from the time you are born until you are around 8 years old. The subconscious holds all of the information that you take in during those early years of your life. It sets your belief system about yourself, your life, your identity and self-worth, and your overall perspective on the world. It is also the part of the brain that controls your motivation. The subconscious mind is very committed and motivated to hold onto what it knows and what it’s comfortable with, based on those first 8 years of your life. As you grow older, your conscious mind begins to form. The conscious mind is made up of all the reasoning and logic that you need in your life to make decisions and analyze information, it is the part of the brain the desires and wants change as well. Here is where it gets really interesting.  The conscious mind makes up 12% of your brain, and the subconscious mind makes up the other 88%. If your subconscious is motivated to holding on to old beliefs, behaviors and habits, even to your own detriment, and your conscious mind has the reason and desire to make changes, what happens?  Your subconscious mind, and that 88% will overwhelm the conscious mind and that 12%, and continue holding you in that space of not making any real changes, or at least it will be a very slow process. Hypnosis works so effectively because it bypasses your conscious mind and goes right into the subconscious, where it begins to rework how the subconscious thinks. Hypnosis re-writes your subconscious script, helping you to reach your goals so that you quickly start seeing improvements and the change in your life that you are looking for. The best part about it is that it feels natural! You will begin to feel more organic flow in your life, and experience positive changes. You’ll notice your mood is elevated and you will have an overall increase in your happiness as you begin to see your life grow in new ways.